3500US 4650 CAD
Min 3 Max 6 Participants
Zion National Park is like stepping back in time, to a time when the planet was raw and untouched. Come along on my 7 day journey to capture some of the most inspiring and colorful scenery in southwest Utah. From the belly of the valley to the cliffs edges of the ridge lines you will experience something unique and powerful.
We will start our adventure in Zion national park covering spots like Canyon Overlook, The Watchman, Temple of the Virgin and if the weather permits the famous Narrows. Depending on the group and our hiking abilities we will always keep Angels Landing in mind but this is a very difficult and dangerous hike. After we have spent a few days in Zion we will venture out to a couple extra iconic locations such as Bryce Canyon and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
If you are looking for adventure and seeing some of the most unique landscapes offered anywhere this is the workshop for you.
What You Will Learn:
* Pre Planning and Location Scouting
* How to create compelling landscape compositions.
* How to use find your story.
* How to branch out and use a variety of lenses
* How to see and understand the light and take advantage of it in all conditions.
* How to photograph the night sky
* Post Processing Basics in (Photoshop or Lightroom)
* Long exposure photography
* Panoramic photography
* Timelapse Photography
What is included:
* 6 Nights accommodation based upon double occupancy. (single occupancy available for a fee).
* All transportation within the workshop
* Welcome & farewell dinners.
* Access to my knowledge and skillset 24/7.
* Guided access to Zion national Park
What's Not Included:
* Airfare to Las Vegas NV
* Transportation to Zion National Park (rental cars are available at Las Vegas airport)
* Park Fees
* Meals and Beverages
* Travel insurance (proof of insurance will be required)
* Any sort of spare camera equipment
What You Will Need:
* A DSLR camera body (second body recommended if first fails)
* Variety of lenses. A wide angle is a must have 14-24mm range, mid 24-70mm range and a long lens such as a 70-200mm is suggested. (camera gear is the sole responsibility of the participants)
* A sturdy tripod
* An intervalometer
* A headlamp or flashlight
* Hiking boots (high top recommended)
* Rain jacket and rain bag for your camera
* Multiple batteries and their charger, they drain quickly in the cold
* A 10 or 6 stop neutral density filter for your wide angle lens
* An up-to-date passport (*note: depending on your country of residence, a visa may be required)
* laptop with back up drive and power
* extra memory cards and readers
* lens cloths
* camera bag
* North American plugs
* Appropriate clothing is a must, in the summer a variety of quick dry hiking pants, hiking socks and tops are required. Remember the temps change quick but we will be warmer temperatures for the day and colder temps at night.
* Outer waterproof/windproof jacket and pants for the wet
* A warm but compact down jacket for the cold days
* Rain boots or waders are suggested for places that composition work best in the water.
If you have any questions about the items you will need to bring feel free to email me.
Where are we staying?
We will be lodging at a variety of hotels throughout our stay. A full itinerary with locations and accommodations will be provided closer to the workshops date.
This workshop will include some moderate hikes on uneven ground and loose gravel. You are required to be able to hike 4 miles (round trip) with moderate elevation gain, with you camera gear unassisted. If you are un able to do so I will do my best to suggest alternative vantage points while the group is shooting from the main location. Depending on the abilities of the group we may opt for more difficult locations such as Angels Landing. This will be taken into consideration as I evaluate the ability of the group and weather conditions. This hike is very difficult and dangerous. Hiking the Narrows will be dependant on weather and the abilities of the groupie as well. We will be wading through knee to thigh high cold waters with uneven slippery rocks under the surface.
Getting to Zion:
You will need to fly into the Las Vegas NV. From the airport you will need to rent a car to drive to Zion National Park and our hotel location.
How do I sign up and pay?
You're almost there! Just keep scrolling down and click the register icon. You will receive an invoice to sign up and that is when your 50% non-refundable deposit is due. Your remaining balance will not be due until 60 days prior to our tour.