Feb 17-23 2020
Min 3 Max 6 Participants
Tuition: 3500 US 4650 cad
Yosemite is the home of climbing sports, hiking and awe inspiring views. Come join me for five incredible days in Yosemite’s valley as we explore one of Americas most wonderful parks. We will spend out time shooting, editing, and laughing along the way. Yosemite is a magical place at any time of the year, but in winter the crowds are gone, the stillness returns, the snow-capped mountains create a photographers paradise. The waterfalls are not raging, but the scenes are without a doubt just as stunning. With some luck we may even get some snow, creating a virtual snow globe. We will also be visiting Yosemite during the famous “Firefall,” a moment that only happens only in mid-February. Take it from me when I say it is an incredible site to behold.
What You Will Learn:
* Pre Planning and Location Scouting
* How to create compelling landscape compositions.
* How to use find your story.
* How to branch out and use a variety of lenses
* How to see and understand the light and take advantage of it in all conditions.
* How to photograph the night sky
* Post Processing Basics in (Photoshop or Lightroom)
* Long exposure photography
* Panoramic photography
* Timelapse Photography
What You Will Need:
* A DSLR camera body (second body recommended if first fails but not needed)
* Variety of lenses. A wide angle is a must have 14-24mm range, mid 24-70mm range and a long lens such as a 70-200mm is suggested. (camera gear is the sole responsibility of the participants)
* A sturdy tripod
* An intervalometer
* A headlamp or flashlight
* Hiking boots (high top recommended)
* rain bag for your camera
* Multiple batteries and their charger, they drain quickly in the cold
* A 10 or 6 stop neutral density filter for your wide angle lens
* An up-to-date passport (*note: depending on your country of residence, a visa may be required)
* laptop with back up drive and power
* extra memory cards and readers
* lens cloths
* camera bag
* Appropriate clothing is a must, the weather in the valley change quickly, we can go from warm sunny days to cold rain/snow in the blink of an eye.
If you have any questions about the items you will need to bring feel free to email me
* Accommodations, based upon double occupancy (single occupancy available for a fee).
* All transportation within the workshop in a 4x4 vehicle.
* Welcome & farewell dinners.
* All fees to the parks we will be visiting.
* Access to my knowledge and skillset 24/7.
* Guided access to the park
What's Not Included:
* Airfare to California
* Transportation to Yosemite National Park.
* Meals & beverages.
* Park entrance fee.
* Travel insurance (proof of insurance will be required)
* Any sort of spare camera equipment
During this workshop there will be some hiking involved so we suggest that you should be able to hike 4 mile (round trip) with a full camera pack (30lbs). Most of the hikes will be easy to moderate with some small to moderate inclines. Depending on the abilities of the group we may opt for more difficult hikes to breath taking vantage points. Hikes will always be taken at a slow and enjoyable pace. Please know your limitations. If you feel a hike may not be for you, I will gladly give you another shooting location to visit during our outings.
Where are we staying?
We will be lodging at a variety of hotels throughout our stay. The details of our accommodations and full itinerary will be emailed to all participants prior to the start of the workshop.
Getting to Yosemite:
The two closest airports are in Fresno California and Sacramento California from either city you will need to rent a car and head to Yosemite National Park and our hotel.
When does the workshop start and wrap?
The workshop will begin at our Welcome dinner and will wrap either the night of the farewell dinner or depending on everyone flights on the last day we will wrap after shooting sunrise on the last day.
How do I sign up and pay?
You're almost there! Just keep scrolling down and click the register icon. You will receive an invoice to sign up and that is when your 50% non-refundable deposit is due. Your remaining balance will not be due until 60 days prior to our tour.